Army Inaugurates Mobile Strike Force To Crush Boko Haram Insurgents

The Nigerian Army in a renewed onslaught against Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East has lauched special mobile strike force.

Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, made the announcement on Tuesday at the inauguration of the force at Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri.

According to him, the special strike force was one of the latest approaches evolved by the military to curtail insurgency and enhance security network in the region.

Attahiru said that soldiers deployed to the force were exposed to modern terrorism combat techniques to enable them to crush the insurgents.

“The Mobile Strike Force (MST) is launched to deny the insurgents freedom of action and finally decimate them.

“This specially selected force with mixed equipment and platforms were deployed to achieve the conduct of long range patrols and ambush deep into the hinterlands.

Attahiru said “All these are in an effort to ensure the success of Operation Lafiya Dole and enhance our operational efficiency.”

The commander advised the soldiers to be resolute, disciplined and determined to achieve victory in the campaign.

He urged them to be guided by their professional ethics in order to enable them win the war against the insurgents.

The commander told the soldiers that successful campaign against the insurgents would have indelible mark in the history of counter-insurgency campaign in the North-East.

The Nigerian Army had intensified its campaign against the insurgents in the past two months.

Dozens of insurgents had been killed and arrested while a bomb factory in Borno was devastated.

Get Updates Tailored Just For You

Alheri John

A Staff of Buzz Reporters. Experienced in media and public admin, has worked with media companies such as The Blueprint and Standard Telegraph. Loves entertainment and cooking.

Join the Discussion

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

arrow